Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What is Peace?


 

I'm not your normal cliché writer my style is different. 

I consider myself a perfectionist, and that is demonstrated frequently through my music, art, writing, work, and basically anything I do. I depict my many interests through the fact of putting all my effort into my work. I have had my artwork and writing pieces showcased in museums and such, representing my passion for those subjects. 

I expect nothing below my best for myself. 
For introductions, most people state their outer appearances, their likes and dislikes and those small features. I refuse to do such, as I am a person who believes that simple details as though do not impact our inner image in a justified way.

Simply, without a thought, I could list the things about me, but as I sit here, typing on my computer while it's raining outside, but I chose to present myself in a way that you would probably appreciate more. Honestly, I don't read posts about people and their introduction about what they look like. Hopefully mine is different.

Perchance this blog was meant for expansion on the Stardoll peace topic, but we all have our angles of view. That's what makes blogs intriguing to me, variety of writing and skills.
I must say, I favored the idea of this blog from the start. I immediately fell in love with the idea. Normal talented bloggers are caught up with Stardoll News, not putting much effort in their posts. Of course blogging Stardoll news is important, and I do enjoy it, but we compete on who gets the news posted first. I do write on Stardoll news blogs, such as Underneath Stardoll, and Stardoll Local News, but at the end of the day, it's refreshing to share my ability and love for writing on a topic I feel strong about. 

Yes, peace is a topic I love to write about. Perhaps I may not be the most, what you may call "peaceful", but in retrospect, who is? I mean, not even the most quite people could be peaceful. Even though they are not expressing their feelings aloud, they could be thinking of something very terrorizing in that mind of theirs. 
My point is, nobody is perfect; therefore nobody is 100% in sync with the endless amount of creatures, or even the billions of humans on this planet. Yes, I am aware that this statement is over exaggerated, but in the end not many people realize this.

The theme of this blog is peace, is it not? I did some research for the definition of "peace". We all have diverse words and styles of writing; therefore it calls for many definitions, in my opinion.

From the Merriam-Webster's dictionary, the definition is:

peace noun \ˈpēs\

1: a state of tranquillity or quiet: as a : freedom from civil disturbance b : a state of security or order within a community provided for by law or custom <a breach of the peace>
2: freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions
3: harmony in personal relations
4: a state or period of mutual concord between governments b : a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity
5—used interjectionally to ask for silence or calm or as a greeting or farewell

 Do I agree with this? We have all our definitions; maybe mine differs, maybe not.
This definition is from the New Oxford American Dictionary:

peace |pēs|
noun
1 freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility : you can while away an hour or two in peace and seclusion.
• mental calm; serenity : the peace of mind this insurance gives you.
2 freedom from or the cessation of war or violence : the Straits were to be open to warships in time of peace.
• [in sing. ] a period of this : the peace didn't last.
• [in sing. ] a treaty agreeing to the cessation of war between warring states : support for a negotiated peace.
• freedom from civil disorder : police action to restore peace.
• freedom from dispute or dissension between individuals or groups : the 8.8 percent offer that promises peace with the board.
3 ( the peace) a ceremonial handshake or kiss exchanged during a service in some churches (now usually only in the Eucharist), symbolizing Christian love and unity. 

Again, we all have our definitions. I may not be as talented as writing definitions as Noah Webster, but I can sure experience the definitions just as much, if that makes sense. Words cannot describe everything, and when I ask people for aid on a word I am unable to think of, I stutter and remind myself of the fact that there aren't words to simply portray everything.

Peace is a controversial subject, as well as pretty much any other word similar. This word could be described in endless ways, expanding the horizon of the writers here at the Stardoll Peace Project.

 As I continue here on this blog, more in depth answers and questions will be examined and find answers to these projects. I indeed wish the best of luck to the writers and look forward to writing here on the Stardoll Peace Project. 

One thing I would like to add is a question of the day, or QOD. Just something to think about, and today's question, may be not the most creative, is:

"What's your definiton of peace?"

If you have any questions about me or any suggestions, I have many ways for you to contact me. Please either comment below or click my beautiful signature above for my formspring.

~Shay


1 comment: